exp date isn't null, but text field is
“The importance of this infection has been disputed, but most CF clinics would regard it as a significant pathogen. There is increasing evidence
that non-typeable H.influenzae can form biofilms,lending weight to the argument that it is of pathogenetic significance. The aim of treatment is
to eradicate H.influenzae infection and prevent chronic infection.... Suggested antibiotics include co-amoxiclav, or doxycycline... Resistance to
amoxicillin is common.” 1
1. CF Trust Antibiotic Treatment for Cystic Fibrosis 2009
2. Brompton Paediatric CF Guidelines 2017
3. Rayner RJ, Hiller EJ, Ispahani P, Baker M. Haemophilus infection in cystic fibrosis. Archives of Disease in Childhood. 1990;65(3):255-258.
4. Scottish Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Managed Clinical Network Prescribing Guidelines 2015
5. The Leeds Method of Management. April, 2008.
Last reviewed: 01 November 2019
Next review: 01 October 2021
Author(s): DR JANE WILKINSON; DR CHRISTINE PETERS; DR ROSIE HAGUE; MR STEVE BOWHAY
Approved By: Paediatric Drugs & Therapeutics Committee