Nominate a staff member to coordinate request,
Complete blood / product request form on TRAK (if down , use paper form from downtime pack)
Blood product ordering guide for Trackcare
- log on
- Put in patients CHI number then click find
- Ensure correct patients details appear
- Click on episode tree (top left corner of screen)
- Patients episode tree will appear – click on current episode
- Once selected click on new request ( you may have to scroll along top bar to find)
- Click on specimen collected box (highlighted in red) YOU MUST DO THIS OR FORM WILL NOT PRINT.
- Click on sub category – select blood transfusion
- Click on item box – select products you require eg;platelets,ffp, cryo etc
- On bottom left box you can change category from routine to urgent if necessary. Then click update.
- Next screen will appear which allows free texts ensure all highlighted categories filled in and ensure you put in products required and quantity.
- Once completed you will see your name bottom left of screen where you will have to input your password to verify order.
- Click update
- Form should print out on linked printer in theatre.
- Pod down to blood bank
- Phone blood bank to ensure arrival and instruct if it is products that need to be thawed.
- Paper request form for MLA needs to be filled in when product is required/ready and needs to be podded down to BLOOD BANK
- PAGE MLA (7262) to instruct that form is in BLOOD BANK and to collect products and bring to theatre.
- All forms can be pre prepared/podded in advance, just state clearly on collection forms that you will phone when required.
- If no one in theatre can access trak or trak goes down for any reason do not delay resort to old paper requests found in downtime packs th6.
- Always useful to add ext number onto any requests so blood bank can contact you if they require clarifications.
Print off, medical staff need to sign form.
Page urgent porter = page 7803
Contact lab staff to ensure they have received request page 7602 & confirm delivery timescale